(2014) (Phoebe Snow, Jeremy Irvine) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror/Thriller: Escaping Germany's bombing of London in 1941, two schoolteachers and eight refugee children must also survive an English countryside estate where a vengeful ghost lives.
- In 1941, the Nazis launch a series of seemingly never-ending bombing raids over London, causing much death and destruction. Many parents decide to send their children to live in the English countryside, away from the bombardments. Eve (PHOEBE SNOW) is a young schoolteacher charged with caring for eight such children together with another older and stricter colleague, Jean Hogg (HELEN McCRORY).
Eve takes a liking to Edward (OAKLEE PENDERGAST), a young boy whose parents were killed in the latest bombings just prior to their escape from the British capital. He is mute and communicates only by writing notes and drawing pictures, which causes him to be bullied by one classmate, Tom (JUDE WRIGHT), and snitched on by another, Joyce (AMELIA PIDGEON). At the same time, Eve is attracted to a handsome, yet haunted military pilot named Harry (JEREMY IRVINE), who she shares a train ride with out to the country and who is stationed nearby.
Once at the abandoned estate, Eve immediately suspects that she, Jean, and the children are not alone. A vengeful female ghost seems to be stalking them and has taken a particularly strong interest in Edward. She also has recurring visions and nightmares of a traumatic event from when she was a teenager: giving birth to a child out of wedlock and having the baby taken from her. The evil Woman in Black specter seems to know this and uses it against her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who liked the first film might be interested, while other teenagers could have some interest due to the film's PG-13 rating and mostly young cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For disturbing and frightening images, and thematic material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.