(2015) (Robert De Niro, Anne Hathaway) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A 70-year-old retired widower takes a job as an intern for the woman who runs a growing, online clothing retailer.
- Ben Whittaker (ROBERT DE NIRO) is a 70-year-old retired widower who lives in Brooklyn and tries to keep himself busy. Having run out of things to do, he decides to reply to an ad looking for senior interns at About the Fit, an online clothing retailer. ATF's COO, Cameron (ANDREW RANNELLS), devised the program and ends up assigning Ben to be the intern for the company's skilled but increasingly harried founder, Jules Ostin (ANNE HATHAWAY). Being so busy and preoccupied with her investors wanting her to bring in an experienced CEO to run the rapidly growing company -- something that means she has little time for her stay-at-home husband, Matt (ANDERS HOLM), and their young daughter, Paige (JOJO KUSHNER) -- Jules has already forgotten she approved the program. And considering she already has an assistant in the over-worked and under-appreciated Becky (CHRISTINA SCHERER), Jules doesn't want an intern.
The supervisor of the interns, Jason (ADAM DEVINE), feels bad for Ben, what with others such as tech guru Lewis (JASON ORLEY) and Davis (ZACK PEARLMAN) having plenty to do. But Ben finds a kindred spirit in the company's older, in-house masseuse, Fiona (RENE RUSSO), and ends up getting to know Jules when he temporarily takes over as her driver. While she initially doesn't want him knowing much about her, she eventually comes to recognize and appreciate his previous work experience and current outlook on life. As she uncomfortably continues her search for a possible CEO to run her company, she and Ben form a friendship that goes beyond work, all while sparks start to fly between him and Fiona.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some suggestive content and brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.