(2015) (voices of Alan Cumming, Evan Rachel Wood) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Musical Fantasy: Two rival kingdoms draw close to war over a love potion that has magical, Cupid-like powers.
- The Fairy Princess Marianne (voice of EVAN RACHEL WOOD) is head-over-heels in love with Prince Roland (voice of SAM PALLADIO). But on the eve before their wedding, she finds him kissing another girl. She vows to never love again and decks herself out in dreary, Goth like attire and make-up. Meanwhile, Sunny the Elf (voice of ELIJAH KELLY) is in love with Marianne's sister, Princess Dawn (voice of MEREDITH ANNE BULL). He ventures into the realm of the Dark Forest to retrieve a love potion that will convince her to return his feelings.
One problem. The potion ends up causing Dawn to fall in love with the evil Bog King (voice of ALAN CUMMING), who has outlawed all love from his kingdom against even his own mother, Griselda's (voice of MAYA RUDOLPH), wishes and wants to bring the same darkness to Marianne and Dawn's Fairy Kingdom.
Marianne and Sunny go on separate missions to rescue Dawn, free the imprisoned Sugar Plum Fairy (voice of KRISTEN CHENOWETH) and restore order. But Roland has heard of the potion and wants to use it on Marianne to win her back so that he can marry her and command her father's great army. The characters all come together in a tense finale that hinges less on which army will prevail and more on who will kiss whom.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Very young children may have some interest due to its imaginative animation and upbeat songs.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some action and scary images.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.