(2015) (Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Drama: A FBI agent joins a higher level federal team that's desirous of bringing down a Mexican drug cartel no matter the associated costs.
- Kate Macer (EMILY BLUNT) has worked the past three years as a FBI agent on their kidnap response team in Arizona. When she, her partner Reggie (DANIEL KALUUYA) and others raid a house, they discover the grisly extent to which a Mexican drug cartel has made its way north of the national border. When some on her team are killed by a subsequent booby-trap, she has no problem joining a special federal task force run by Matt Graves (JOSH BROLIN).
His desire is to bring down the powerful and deadly cartel run by Fausto Alarcon (JULIO CEDILLO), and hopes to use one of that man's lieutenants, Rafael Diaz (RAOUL TRUJILLO), to lead him there. But his main ace in the hole is former Mexican prosecutor turned hitman for hire, Alejandro (BENICIO DEL TORO), who has a personal grudge against the cartel and isn't above using torture and deadly violence to achieve that.
When a trip south across the border to retrieve a Mexican drug figure turns deadly, Kate realizes Matt and his team are not playing by the book or international law. She wants answers, but he and Alejandro are hesitant to inform her of much. All of which leads her and Reggie to a local bar where she figures a little R&R with Phoenix cop Ted (JON BERNTHAL) might do her some good, although even that doesn't turn out as she expected.
As her team continues on its quest, and Mexican police offers such as Silvio (MAXIMILLIANO HERNANDEZ) do their job on the other side of the border, Kate tries to come to grips with their end goal and the means to which they'll go to get there.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens could be interested, particularly if they're into hard-hitting, dramatic-action films and/or are fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, grisly images, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.