(2015) (Liam Neeson, Ed Harris) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Drama: After saving his estranged adult son's life by killing his crime boss' thuggish adult son, an emotionally damaged hitman tries to protect his boy from those out to kill both of them.
- To the criminals and police officers of New York City, Jimmy Conlon (LIAM NEESON) is a known hit-man who's long worked for his childhood friend turned crime boss, Shawn Maguire (ED HARRIS). While the likes of Det. Harding (VINCENT D'ONOFRIO) would like to put Jimmy away, no charges have stuck and he's a free man. Yet, the many lives he's taken, along with being estranged from his family, have taken an emotional toll on the man. His adult son, boxer wannabe and current limo driver Mike (JOEL KINNAMAN), wants nothing to do with him while trying to do the best for his two girls and pregnant wife, Gabriela (GENESIS RODRIGUEZ), all while helping mentor the likes of young Curtis 'Legs' Banks (AUBREY JOSEPH).
When Shawn's adult son, Danny (BOYD HOLBROOK), can't convince his father to accept a lucrative heroin deal, Danny ends up killing the dealer and his partner, a crime witnessed by both Legs and Mike. The latter ends up escaping from Danny and his buddy only to be tracked down again, their intent to silence him by killing him. But Jimmy kills Danny first, knowing full well what that will cause. And that's Shawn pulling out all the stops to get his revenge, including hiring a rival hitman, Andrew Price (COMMON), to take out both Jimmy and Mike.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens into hard-hitting, crime action-dramas might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, language including sexual references, and some drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.