(2015) (Luke Bracey, Edgar Ramirez) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: An FBI agent in training infiltrates a group of environmentally conscious, thrill-seeking criminals in hopes of stopping them before they strike again.
- Following the death of his best friend, extreme athlete Johnny Utah (LUKE BRACEY) has decided to join the FBI and is close to becoming a full-fledged agent, all under the watchful eye of his instructor (DELROY LINDO). When a group of environmentally conscious, thrill-seeking criminals strikes again, but ends up giving away the $100 million worth of diamond they stole to the poor in Mumbai, Johnny thinks he knows what they're up to.
It seems they're completing a series of extreme, thrill-seeking endeavors known as the Ozaki 8, and knowing one of those is surfing once-in-a-lifetime waves, he convinces his handler to put him in the field despite not yet being a full-fledged agent.
He ends up teamed with crusty FBI agent Angelo Pappas (RAY WINSTONE) and the two head out to sea where they not only encounter said waves, but also Bodhi (EDGAR RAMIREZ) who saves the young man when he wipes out and appears headed for death. Sensing a kindred spirit in Johnny, Bodhi introduces him to others in his group including Chowder (TOBIAS SANTELMANN), Roach (CLEMENS SCHICK) and the alluring Samsara (TERESA PALMER), among others.
As he begins hanging out with them and increasingly participating in their extreme stunts and getting involved with Samsara, Pappas begins to worry that Johnny might be getting in too deep with the thrill seekers to do his job.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of the original, action movies featuring extreme sports, or who might be fans of anyone in the cast could be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, thematic material involving perilous activity, some sexuality, language and drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.