(2015) (Chris J. Murray, Brit Shaw) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A family discovers an old video camera that allows them to see a ghostly apparition haunting their new house, and they quickly discover that the demon is stalking their 8-year-old daughter.
- Ryan (CHRIS J. MURRAY) and Emily (BRIT SHAW) are a young married couple who move into a beautiful new home in Santa Rosa, Calif., with their cute 8-year-old daughter, Leila (IVY GEORGE). Christmas is coming up, and they've invited Emily's yoga-instructor sister, Skyler (OLIVIA TAYLOR DUDLEY) and Ryan's recently jilted brother, Mike (DAN GILL), to spend the holidays with them.
Soon, though, all five start to realize they may not be alone in the house. Ryan finds an old video camera left from the people who owned the property years earlier. He turns it on and starts filming and starts to see various distortions in the lens. He also discovers a box full of old videotapes of a mother, father, and two sisters who lived in the house in the late '80s and early '90s. As the girls age in the tapes, Ryan starts to notice the parents are nowhere to be found and that another lady who the girls call "mother" now lives with them along with a possible cult leader.
Before long, Leila starts to exhibit odd behavior and strange things begin happening around the house. The old video camera shows a possibly malevolent entity stalking the little girl. Ryan and Emily call in a Catholic priest, Father Todd (MICHAEL KRAWIC), but it may already be too late.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest, especially those who have seen any of the other "Paranormal Activity" movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some horror violence.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.