(2015) (Sandra Bullock, Billy Bob Thornton) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A political strategist comes out of retirement to take on her nemesis who's working on the presidential election in Bolivia.
- The presidential election in Bolivia is looming, and American campaign workers Ben (ANTHONY MACKIE) and Nell (ANN DOWD) are concerned that the candidate their working for, Senator Pedro Castillo (JOAQUIM DE ALMEIDA) -- who was once the country's unpopular ruler fifteen years ago -- is trailing his leading opponent, Rivera (LOUIS ARCELLA), by twenty-eight points with ninety days to go.
Accordingly, they visit retired political strategist Jane Bodine (SANDRA BULLOCK) in hopes of convincing her to help Castillo. She isn't interested until she learns that her arch nemesis, Pat Candy (BILLY BOB THORNTON), is working for Rivera. Not long after that, she arrives in Bolivia to work alongside Ben, Nell, media coordinator Richard Buckley (SCOOT McNAIRY) and Eddie (REYNALDO PACHECO), a young campaign worker who lives nearby.
Upon meeting Castillo, Jane isn't impressed or sure he's electable, but after a run-in with Candy, she decides to do her thing. That includes bringing her private investigator, Sara LeBlanc (ZOE KAZAN), onboard in order to dig up potential dirt on both candidates. As the days count down toward the election, Jane and Candy go head-to-head in using every political trick in their books.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of Bullock or others in the cast, or are into political satires.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language including some sexual references.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.