(2015) (Tom Hardy, Emily Browning) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Twin brothers differ in how to run their criminal organization that rules much of East End London in the 1960s.
- It's the 1960s and twins Reggie (TOM HARDY) and Ronnie Kray (TOM HARDY) are notorious criminals who rule much of London's East End, yet mostly manage to avoid being caught red-handed by the authorities, such as local cop Leonard "Nipper" Read (CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTONE) who's often tailing them. With the addition of Leslie Payne (DAVID THEWLIS) as their business manager, their reach and influence is growing to the point that it's attracted the American mafia, namely that of Angelo Bruno (CHAZZ PALMINTERI) showing up to negotiate a business deal between the trans-Atlantic crime families.
Reggie has also drawn the attention of college student Frances Shea (EMILY BROWNING) and the two quickly become a couple, much to the dismay of her single mother. Frances likes the attention, but would love to see Reggie go legit, something he no intention of doing. The same holds true to a greater extent for the more brutish Ronnie.
He doesn't really like Frances, doesn't trust Leslie, and would rather spend time with his array of young men, such as Teddy Smith (TARON EGERTON), who share his lifestyle of homosexuality, intimidation and using violence as a means to an end. As their criminal empire grows, the twins must contend with their different personalities and differing ways of running their business that often put them at odds with each other.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might, especially if they're into crime dramas. Otherwise, it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, language throughout, some sexual and drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.