(2015) (Adam Scott, Toni Collette) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A dysfunctional family's lack of Christmas spirit summons a holiday demon hell-bent on punishing non-believers.
- Tom (ADAM SCOTT) and Sarah (TONI COLLETTE) play a well-off suburban couple who are parents to disaffected teen Beth (STEFANIA LaVIE OWEN) and sensitive pre-teen Max (EMJAY ANTHONY). Max still has a firm belief in Santa Claus and writes him a letter thanking him for another year with his German grandma, Omi (KRISTA STADLER), and asking for his family to get along and his mom and dad not to split.
Tensions are elevated in their house when Sarah's envious sister, Linda (ALLISON TOLMAN), and her boorish husband, Howard (DAVID KOECHNER), come for their annual holiday visit. They have just had a baby and are parents to three teenage kids (MAVERICK FLACK, LOLO OWEN, and QUEENIE SAMUEL). They also bring along their crass Aunt Dorothy (CONCHATA FERRELL).
Soon, though, their collective ill will towards one another and their disrespect of the Christmas holiday summons Krampus (LUKE HAWKER), a centuries-old demon who punishes the non-believers. The family is subsequently terrorized by everything from possessed Christmas cookies to diabolical elves to various inanimate objects like a stuffed bear that come to life and attack.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- With the PG-13 rating and the holiday theme, high schoolers should have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of horror violence/terror, language, and some drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.