(2015) (Reese Witherspoon, Sofia Vergara) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A straight-laced female police officer and the wife of a Colombian drug dealer are forced on the run, targeted by drug-cartel hitmen and corrupt cops.
- Rose Cooper (REESE WITHERSPOON) is a disgraced cop now relegated to desk duty in the police evidence room after accidentally tasering a drunk college student and lighting him on fire. She gets a shot at redemption when her boss, Captain Emmett (JOHN CARROLL LYNCH), assigns her to partner with Detective Jackson (RICHARD T. JONES) to protect a criminal named Felipe (VINCENT CARESCA) and his hot-headed wife, Daniella (SOFIA VERGARA), as they prepare to testify against the vicious drug lord, Vicente Cortez (JOAQUIN COSIO).
Daniella is distraught that she will have to enter the government's Witness Protection Program as a result. Those plans are interrupted, though, when two hitmen named Jesus (BENNY NIEVES) and Angel (MICHAEL RAY ESCAMILLA) and corrupt cops Hauer (MATTHEW DEL NEGRO) and Dixon (MICHAEL MOSLEY) launch separate ambushes.
Cooper and Daniella find themselves on the run and clash constantly over everything from the former's straight-laced attitude and insistence on obeying the law to the latter's loud and boisterous manner and willingness to do whatever it takes to stay alive. On the road, they get help from Randy (ROBERT KAZINSKY), a wrongly convicted felon who falls for Cooper. We eventually learn that Jesus and Angel are working for Daniella, who is secretly obsessed with killing Cortez and avenging her murdered brother.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens, especially females, may have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexual content, violence, language, and some drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.