(2015) (Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Just when he thinks his young step-kids are finally accepting him as their new dad, their biological father returns home, intent on winning over them and their mother.
- Brad Whitaker (WILL FERRELLL) is an amiable guy with a good job working for Leo (THOMAS HAYDEN CHURCH) at a smooth jazz radio station, while he's recently married Sara (LINDA CARDELLINI). Unable to have kids of his own, he's happy to be a stepfather to two young ones, Dylan (OWEN VACCARO) and Megan (SCARLETT ESTEVEZ), with hopes that they'll eventually call him their dad. When that gets close to fruition, a huge, muscle-bound and handsome obstacle arrives on their doorstep. And that's none other than Sara's ex-husband, Dusty Mayron (MARK WAHLBERG), a covert government type who's in town for a week. Sara isn't happy to see him -- due to Dusty abandoning them in the past -- but the kids are, and Brad figures he should be mature about this and go with the flow.
But it's not long before he sees Dusty as a threat to his status with the kids, especially when he builds them a nice tree house and skateboard ramp with the help of a handyman, Griff (HANNIBAL BURESS), who ends up moving in with them. As the days pass and Dusty keeps making inroad with the kids -- and toward Sara in Brad's eyes -- the mild-mannered stepfather pulls out all the stops in hopes of defeating his new competitor for being the dad of the family.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The slapstick style antics seen in the ads might draw in some kids, especially if they're fans of Farrell, Wahlberg or anyone else in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements, crude and suggestive content, and for language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.