(2015) (Kate Mara, David Oyelowo) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A meth addict must contend with being taken hostage by an escaped convict.
- Ashley Smith (KATE MARA) is a young waitress who works in the suburbs of Atlanta. Due to being addicted to meth, she's lost custody of her 5-year-old daughter, Paige (ELLE GRAHAM), who now lives with Ashley's mom, Kim Rogers (MIMI ROGERS). Ashley's just moved into a new apartment and is trying to get clean so that she can get Paige back, and the first step of that will be attending a performance Paige will be in the following morning.
At the same time, Brian Nichols (DAVID OYELOWO) has just broken out of the Fulton County jail, and shoots and kills a judge and a number of others, and then flees. After a series of carjackings and another murder, he spots Ashley out in the parking lot at night and kidnaps her. She's terrified and tries to make small talk to keep the situation from escalating into something more dangerous, all while local cops Lt. John Chestnut (MICHAEL K. WILLIAMS) and Sgt. Carmen Sandoval (LEONOR VARELA) head up a massive manhunt for the escaped convict, unaware that he's taken Ashley hostage.
As the night wears on, Ashley and Brian end up learning things about each other and themselves, partially with the help of Rick Warren's devotional book, "The Purpose Driven Life."
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're a fan of someone in the cast or are interested in the true story behind the film, it doesn't seem too likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For mature thematic elements involving violence and substance abuse.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.