(2014) (Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Adventure: A down-on-his-luck Texas inventor and his 17-year-old daughter find themselves in the middle of a battle between giant sentient robots and various forces that are trying to wipe them out.
- It's been a few years since the Battle of Chicago where giant sentient Transformer robots known as Autobots battled similarly sized and constructed Decepticons. Government agent Harold Attinger (KELSEY GRAMMER) wants to make sure that never happens again, so he's tasked tech guru CEO Joshua Joyce (STANLEY TUCCI) to reverse engineer captured or dead Transformers and thus create new such robotic beings that could be controlled and used by U.S. officials as ultimate weapons of war.
While Joshua has his employees such as Darcy Tirrel (SOPHIA MYLES) and Su Yueming (BINGBING LI) searching for and working on the new element known as transformium, Attinger has his black op forces, lead by James Savoy (TITUS WELLIVER), hunting down any Transformers in hiding, all while using Lockdown (voice of MARK RYAN) -- a Transformer who finds and kills other Transformers -- to finish such jobs.
Unaware of any of this is down-on-his-luck inventor Cade Yeager (MARK WAHLBERG) who lives on his remote Texas farm with his 17-year-old daughter, Tessa (NICOLA PELTZ). Following her mom's death, he's fully devoted to keeping Tessa safe, including from teenage boys. Little does he know that she's secretly dating 20-year-old racecar driver Shane Dyson (JACK REYNOR). Nor does he or his business assistant, Lucas Flannery (T.J. MILLER), realize that an old truck he's bought for salvage money is actually the Autobot leader, Optimus Prime (voice of PETER CULLEN), in disguise.
Following some repairs Cade does on him, Optimus Prime emerges and it's not long before both the feds as well as Lockdown are after him, Cade, Tessa, Shane and Lucas. What follows is the discovery of what Attinger and Joshua are really conspiring to do, all while Optimus Prime calls in the remaining Autobots -- including Hound (voice of JOHN GOODMAN), Drift (voice of KEN WATANABE) and Bumblebee among a few others -- to do battle with Lockdown and Joshua's new creations, including Galvatron (voice of FRANK WELKER).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of any of the other "Transformers" movies, that's a definite yes.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, language and brief innuendo.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.