(2014) (Chris Rock, Rosario Dawson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A comedian tries to promote his newest film, a drama, all while contending with a reporter who trails him all day with questions about his life as a celebrity.
- At one time, Andre Allen (CHRIS ROCK) was named the funniest man in America, and he had a wildly successful film franchise playing the title character in a number of "Hammy the Bear" movies. Now that he's sober, however, he wants to do serious and profound work, and his latest film, "Uprize!" is about a famous Haitian slave rebellion. But it's not getting good reviews and thus he's out doing the PR circuit and ends up teamed for the day with New York Times reporter Chelsea Brown (ROSARIO DAWSON) who follows him around from one publicity stop to the next, with his longtime friend, bodyguard and driver, Silk (J.B. SMOOVE), always close by.
A recovering alcoholic herself, she wants to know how being sober has affected his career, and is also interested in his upcoming nuptials to reality TV star Erica Long (GABRIELLE UNION) who's going to have their wedding broadcast live on Bravo. As the day wears on, she gets him to reveal things about himself, all while some chemistry begins to spark between the two.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens, especially if they're fans of Rock and/or anyone else in the cast, might show some interest in the film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong sexual content, nudity, crude humor, language throughout and some drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.