(2014) (Brenton Thwaites, Laurence Fishburne) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-fi: Three friends set out to find a computer hacker but end up in a strange biomed type facility where people in hazmat suits examine and interrogate them.
- Nic (BRENTON THWAITES) and Jonah (BEAU KNAPP) are best friends who've been trying to figure out the identity of "Nomad," a computer hacker who hacked into MIT's system and wiped out various servers, including those run by the two young men. When Nomad contacts them again via text messages, they're more than determined than ever to find him, even if he seems to have the technological upper hand, what with accessing the camera on a laptop owned by Nic's girlfriend, Haley (OLIVIA COOKE).
She's moving to California for a year and Nic and Jonah are driving her there, a fortuitous turn of events as the two men trace the location of Nomad's computer to a remote part of Nevada. They arrive at night to what appears to be an abandoned home out in the desert and poke around inside, all while Haley stays in the car. Her screams bring them back out, only to see her whisked away into the night sky.
When Nic regains consciousness, he finds himself in some sort of biomed facility where everyone is wearing hazmat suits, including Dr. Wallace Damon (LAURENCE FISHBURNE) who proceeds to ask questions of Nic without informing him of where he is or what's going on. As the days pass, and noting the clockwork like behavior of the staff, Nic plots his escape with hopes of rescuing his two friends. Little is he prepared for what he's going to find, however, revelations that will forever change his life.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into sci-fi related tales might be intrigued.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some thematic elements, violence and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.