(2014) (Guy Pearce, Robert Pattinson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Ten years after a global economic collapse, a stoic loner takes a younger, wounded man hostage while trying to find the latter's brother who stole his car along with two other men.
- It's ten years after a global economic collapse and a botched robbery in a remote part of Australia has left several men dead and one, Rey (ROBERT PATTINSON), severely injured. Rey's brother, Henry (SCOOT McNAIRY), has fled with his two associates, Archie (DAVID FIELD) and Caleb (TAWANDA MANYIMO), but a disagreement between Henry and Archie results in their truck crashing and becoming stuck. As a result, they steal a car belonging to a mysterious drifter, Eric (GUY PEARCE), and speed away.
Angry about the theft and determined to get his car back, Eric manages to free the stuck truck and gives chase, only to end up knocked out. He eventually runs into Rey who wonders why he has Henry's truck, but passes out from his injuries before explaining his relationship with that man. Knowing he needs him alive to get that information, Eric gets Rey to a doctor who patches him up, with the two then becoming an unlikely duo as they search for the three men who have Eric's car.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might be interested, while Pattinson could potentially draw some of his "Twilight" fans.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some bloody violence.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.