(2014) (Jared Harris, Sam Claflin) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: In 1974 England, an Oxford professor and his three students attempt to "cure" a disturbed young woman who may or may not be possessed by a demon.
- At Oxford University in 1974, Professor Joseph Coupland (JARED HARRIS) is convinced he can "cure" a disturbed, young woman named Jane Harper (OLIVIA COOKE), who may or may not be possessed by an ancient demon. Joseph assembles three graduate students to help him conduct his experiments on Jane in secret. This garners them the campus nickname of "The Quiet Ones." Before long, the university is tired of the rumors and lack of results and pulls Joseph's funding.
Joseph convinces the trio to continue their work at a distant mansion in the English countryside. They include camera operator Brian (SAM CLAFLIN), a good-hearted man trying to figure out what he believes; Harry (RORY FLECK-BYRNE), a science whiz up on the latest audio and visual technology; and Krissi (ERIN RICHARDS), a promiscuous research assistant having sexual relations with both Joseph and Harry.
Brian eventually becomes attracted to Jane, which adds considerable tension within the team. Paranormal attacks involving an entity Jane calls "Evie" become more frequent, and Joseph becomes more and more determined to find a scientific explanation and solution. Brian, though, does some research on his own and uncovers a frightening revelation that goes back centuries.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens will have some interest due to its friendly PG-13 rating and its mostly youthful cast, including Claflin from "The Hunger Games."
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of violence and terror, sexual content, thematic material, language, and smoking throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.