(2014) (Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Three women seek revenge on the man who is cheating on all of them.
- Carly (CAMERON DIAZ) is a hard-charging Manhattan attorney who finally believes she is leaving the dating scene when she meets the seemingly perfect guy. His name is Mark King (NIKOLAJ COSTER-WALDAU), a successful businessman and entrepreneur who spends his weeks in the city and his weekends at his home in suburban Connecticut. Remarkably, this does not sound warning bells with either Carly or her sassy, savvy secretary, Lydia (NICKI MINAJ).
Carly gets the shock of her life when she goes to Mark's house in the suburbs to surprise him and discovers he has a wife. Her name is Kate (LESLIE MANN), and she's the kind of woman Carly despises -- meek, dependent, house-bound, and unemployed. Kate tracks Carly back to the city, and the two end up becoming friends as each one senses they can draw strength from the other due to their differences. The two then really bond when they discover that Mark has been cheating on both of them with the young, gorgeous Amber (KATE UPTON).
Before long, Carly and Kate have recruited Amber, and the three together hatch an elaborate revenge plot against Mark after they learn he has captained some shady business deals offshore. Lending moral support along the way is Kate's hunky contractor brother, Phil (TAYLOR KINNEY), and Carly's five-times-divorced dad, Frank (DON JOHNSON).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens, especially females, may have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For mature thematic material, sexual references, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.