(2014) (Pierce Brosnan, Olga Kurylenko) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Spy Thriller: Brought out of retirement to retrieve a deep undercover agent from Russia, a former spy tries to figure out what she was after, why she was killed, and get revenge on those responsible for her murder.
- Peter Devereaux (PIERCE BROSNAN) is a retired CIA agent who was once called "The November Man" for leaving a wake of death in his path while on the job. He's called back into action by his former handler, John Hanley (BILL SMITROVICH), who states that an active agent needs to be extracted from Russia and he's the man to do it. She's Natalia Ulanova (MEDIHA MUSLIOVIC) who's working deep undercover for former general Arkady Federov (LAZAR RISTOVSKI) who's now in the running to be the next president of Russia and she apparently has a name that could spoil his political future.
Peter manages to find her, but his former protégé, David Mason (LUKE BRACEY), is ordered by his Langley boss, Perry Weinstein (WILL PATTON), to assassinate the agent who's reportedly believed may have gone over to the other side. Moments before she dies, Natalia hands Peter a phone with pics of people Federov has killed or is currently targeted by his steely contract killer, Alexa (AMILA TERZIMEHIC).
Among them is Alice Fournier (OLGA KURYLENKO), a social worker in Belgrade who was one of the last people to see a young woman, Mira, who both Federov and the CIA want their hands on. At the same time, Mason is ordered to kill Peter and enlists the aid of junior officer Celia (CATERINA SCORSONE) in trying to track him down, while on his downtime he ends up romantically involved with his neighbor, Sarah (ELIZA TAYLOR). With Alice now in tow, Peter tries to get to the bottom of what's going on and who's responsible, and will do anything to get revenge on them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be, especially if they're fans of the spy thriller genre and/or any of the cast members.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence including a sexual assault, language, sexuality/nudity and brief drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.