"THE LEGO MOVIE"
(2014) (voices of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action/Comedy: An unassuming LEGO minifigure finds himself pegged as the chosen one to save the world from a tyrannical madman.
- Emmet (voice of CHRIS PRATT) is an unassuming but cheerful LEGO minifigure who gets up in the morning, listens to the pop song "Everything is Awesome" on his way to work as a construction worker, and then heads home by himself to watch the sitcom "Where Are My Pants?" all operating under the belief that if he follows his society's instructions all will be fine. Little does he realize, however, that President Business (voice of WILL FERRELL) is planning on ending the world as Emmet and the rest of the worker bees know it with a weapon known as the KraGle. Nor does he have any idea that he's the prophesized "The Special," the most important person in the universe who's the only one who can stop President Business and his nefarious plan.
Emmet learns of this when he meets Wyldstyle (voice of ELIZABETH BANKS), a young Masterbuilder who believed she was "The Special" and thus isn't happy to discover that Emmet is the one. Nonetheless, she rescues him from the clutches of Bad Cop (voice of LIAM NEESON) -- who works for President Business -- and sets off with Emmet so that he can meet the wise prophet Vitruvius (voice of MORGAN FREEMAN) and figure out what to do. All three, however, run afoul once more of Bad Cop, with Wyldstyle self-absorbed and brooding boyfriend, Batman (voice of WILL ARNETT), having to sweep in and save them.
They then meet with a number of Masterbuilders including the ever optimistic Unikitty (voice of ALISON BRIE) and 1980s era spaceman Benny (voice of CHARLIE DAY) who simply wants to build a spaceship to save the day. Instead, it's up to Emmet to do that, even if he's far from being a Masterbuilder and has no idea what to do or how to stop the tyrant. But with time running out and their universe at stake, he does what he can with the help of his new friends to thwart President Business.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Younger kids probably will based on the look, while some teens might be interested once they hear that it's funnier than they might have expected.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For mild action and rude humor.
To continue reading the review and all of the highly detailed, scene-by-scene listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories):
I have subscribed to ScreenIt for more than a decade. I check in every week to take advantage of their amazing services. Not only does their site provide a glimpse of exactly what content a movie offers, I've found the “Our Take” reviews and ratings for each movie to be right on the money every single time. I've referred dozens of friends to this service because my #1 resource for deciding whether or not to show a movie to my kids, or to see one myself, is ScreenIt.com!
Director, State of CA Public Sector
I signed up to get Screen It weekly reviews a long time ago, when my kids were young and I wanted to know more about movies before we went to a theater or rented. Now one child is in law school, other in undergraduate, and I still read the weekly Screen Its! It helps me know what my husband and I want to see or rent, and what to have waiting at home that we all will enjoy when my "kids" come home. I depend on Screen It reviews. They usually just present the facts and let me decide if the movie is appropriate or of interest for my family and me. Thank you for providing that service, Screen It!
Winston Salem, NC
I have 4 children who are now in college. I signed up for Screen It when my children were pre-teenagers. Often my children would ask to see a movie with a friend and I wished I could preview the movie prior to giving permission. A friend told me about ScreenIt.com and I found it to be the next best thing to previewing a movie. The amount of violence, sexual content, or language were always concerns for me and my husband as we raised innocent kids with morals. We constantly fought the peer pressure our kids received to see films that in our opinion were questionable. With the evidence we received at Screen It, our kids couldn't even fight us when we felt a film may have been inappropriate for them to watch. Thank you, Screen It. Continue to make this helpful service available to everyone, but especially the young parents.
Machesney Park, IL
Screenit.com is an amazing resource for parents, educators, church groups or anyone who wants to make an informed decision whether a movie is suitable for their viewing. The reviews and content descriptions are so detailed I am mystified how the reviewers can put them together.
I love screen It! I don't know what I would do without it. It is well worth the membership. Before we take our son to the movies we check it out on screen it first. Thank you SO much for making it. Keep up the good work & keep 'em coming!!!
Moreno Valley California
Other new reviews available this week include:
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2016 Screen It, Inc.