(2014) (Melissa McCarthy, Susan Sarandon) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: After she is fired from her job and learns her husband is cheating on her, a down-on-her-luck woman takes off on a road trip with her alcoholic grandmother.
- Tammy (MELISSA McCARTHY) is a down-on-her-luck woman who has just been fired from her go-nowhere, fast-food job and has come home to find that her husband, Greg (NAT FAXON), is cheating on her with their next-door neighbor, Missi (TONI COLLETTE). Distraught, she vows to leave town and never return. Unfortunately, she has hit a deer with her car and her mother, Deb (ALLISON JANNEY), won't let her borrow her car.
She decides to hit the road with her profane, alcoholic grandmother Pearl (SUSAN SARANDON), who has a wad of cash and a gassed-up Cadillac. Together, the two get into a series of loosely connected misadventures, including: crashing a jet-ski into a pier; picking up Earl (GARY COLE) and Bobby (MARK DUPLASS), a father and son in a Louisville barbecue eatery; getting arrested for disorderly conduct outside of a liquor store; and holding up a restaurant for bail money.
Bad vibes between Tammy and Pearl come to a head at a lesbian 4th of July party at their cousin, Lenore's (KATHY BATES) and her girlfriend Susanne's (SANDRA OH) house. Pearl gets disturbingly drunk, and Tammy is finally forced to make choices that will affect what direction her life takes from there on out.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens may have some interest due to McCarthy's rising popularity.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language including sexual references.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.