(2014) (Julianne Moore, Alec Baldwin) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A linguistics professor must contend with being diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease and the effects that has on her career, marriage and grown children.
- Dr. Alice Howland (JULIANNE MOORE) is a 50-year-old, highly regarded linguistics professor at New York's Columbia University. She's happily married to John (ALEC BALDWIN), and while she wishes her daughter, Lydia (KRISTEN STEWART) would be like her siblings, Tom (HUNTER PARRISH) and Anna (KATE BOSWORTH), and get a "real" job rather than trying to make a go at it in the theater world, she loves all of them equally and has a good life.
But then she starts forgetting certain words, and when she finds herself completely lost while jogging, she's worried enough to see a doctor. It's then that she learns she has early onset Alzheimer's Disease. Even worse, it appears to be genetically passed, something that worries her especially now that Anna and her husband, Charlie (SHANE McRAE), are going to have a baby. As the condition worsens, Alice and her family try to cope with its effects on her and them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast or have an interest in Alzheimer's, it's highly unlikely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For mature thematic material, and brief language including a sexual reference.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.