(2014) (Luis Guzman, Briana Evigan) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dance drama: A plethora of young performers converge on Las Vegas to compete on a dance competition TV show.
- After winning the contest in the last "Step Up" movie, The Mob dance team has had a tough time trying to make it as full-time dancers in Los Angeles. The group's leader, Sean (LUIS GUZMAN), vows to stick it out at all costs ... especially now that he has nothing to lose since his girlfriend from the last film has left him. But best pals Eddy (MISHA GABRIEL HAMILTON), Jason (STEPHEN BOSS), and the rest quit and go back to Miami. Determined to prove them wrong, he sees an ad in the trades for The Vortex, a team dance competition TV show hosted by Alexxa Brava (IZABELLA MIKO) that's now accepting video auditions for its upcoming new season.
Sean sets about forming a new team, first recruiting his old buddy Moose (ADAM G. SEVANI) who has become a husband and a full-time engineer since he last danced competitively. Together, they recruit a team that includes Andie (BRIANA EVIGAN), a dancer who previously hurt her ankle and has turned to fashion; Chad (DAVID SCHREIBMAN), a dance teacher eager to stop teaching older women how to do the cha-cha; Violet (PARRIS GOEBEL), a tough waitress eager to quit her go-nowhere job and take a chance on her skills; Jenny (MARI KODA), an Asian-American dancer with a sunny attitude; and several others.
Their main competition is the Black Knights, a team led by the arrogant, but super-talented Jasper (STEPHEN STEVO JONES). Sean also has his past to deal with when Eddy and the rest of The Mob show up to compete and are hurt that he has moved on and formed a new team. They all come together for a spectacular finale after finding out that Jasper and Alexxa are in cahoots to rig the contest.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes, especially teenagers who are fans of such shows as "So You Thing You Can Dance," "Dancing With the Stars," "Dance Moms," etc.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some language and suggestive material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.