(2014) (Arnold Schwarzenegger, Olivia Williams) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: After robbing $10 million from a drug cartel, members of an elite DEA team start getting picked off one by one, drawing the attention of a local homicide detective.
- John 'Breacher' Wharton (ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER) is the leader of an elite, undercover DEA team that's out to nab the most notorious names in the drug world. His team consists of James 'Monster' Murray (SAM WORTHINGTON) and his wife Lizzy (MIREILLE ENOS), along with Joe 'Grinder' Phillips (JOE MANGANIELLO), Julius 'Sugar' Edmonds (TERRENCE HOWARD), Tom 'Pyro' Roberts (MAX MARTINI), Bryce 'Tripod' McNeely (KEVIN VANCE) and 'Smoke' Jennings (MARK SCHLEGEL).
While raiding a cartel mansion, they come across a huge sum of money and plot to steal and conceal $10 million of it down a toilet pipe. But when they later return through the sewer to collect it, the money is gone and they soon find themselves investigated by the Feds about the missing money.
When they're eventually exonerated and returned to full duty, the rust shows and the team camaraderie feels off. That's only exacerbated when team members start ending up meeting grisly demises, a development that draws the interest of local homicide detectives Caroline (OLIVIA WILLIAMS) and Jackson (HAROLD PERRINEAU). As they start investigating the murders, the remaining team members try to figure out who's targeting them and eventually start to believe it could be one of their own.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Fans of anyone in the cast might be interested, while older teens who like gritty and violent action-drama flicks might be curious about it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong bloody violence, pervasive language, some sexuality/nudity and drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.