(2014) (voices of Jesse Eisenberg, Anne Hathaway) (G)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action/Comedy: Blu, Jewel, and their kids learn they are not the only birds of their kind when they travel deep into the Amazon and come into conflict with evil developers, a vengeful cockatoo, and Jewel's long-lost father.
- Since the first "Rio," rare birds Blu (voice of JESSE EISENBERG) and Jewel (voice of ANNE HATHAWAY) have had gotten married and had three kids. One day while watching TV at their Brazilian nature preserve, they spot Blu's old owner, Linda (voice of LESLIE MANN), and her boyfriend Tulio (voice of RODRIGO SANTORO) touting the possible discovery of a whole flock of wild blue macaws deep in the Amazon.
Blu and his family decide to go check it out for themselves, unaware that part of the rainforest is threatened by a cabal of evil land developers under the command of the Big Boss (voice of MIGUEL FERRER). Fortunately, bird characters Rafael (voice of GEORGE LOPEZ), Nico (voice of JAMIE FOXX), and Pedro (voice of WILL.i.AM) from the first film tag along to make sure they survive in the wilds and to audition new talent for their Carnival concert.
Once there, Jewel is reunited with her loved ones feared dead a long time ago, including: her father, Eduardo (voice of ANDY GARCIA); her Aunt Mimi (voice of RITA MORENO); and her old childhood crush, the seemingly perfect Roberto (voice of BRUNO MARS). Blu tries to fit in, but the flock or tribe as they call themselves laugh at his pitiful survival skills and scoff at him when they learn he used to be a human's pet. And unbeknownst to Blu, he is being hunted by Nigel (voice of JEMAINE CLEMENT), the evil, Shakespearean-quoting cockatoo from the first film who blames him for his clipped wings and permanently grounded life.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes. The animated film is a sequel to a very popular film of a few years ago, with music and voice performances that cut a wide swath of demographics.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: G
- For not containing material to warrant a higher rating.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.