(2014) (Kit Harrington, Emily Browning) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Drama: A slave turned gladiator must contend with the arrival of a Roman Senator who killed his family years ago and now is after a wealthy merchant's young adult daughter, all as Mt. Vesuvius prepares to erupt.
- Seventeen years after seeing his parents and neighbors slaughtered by Roman Senator Corvus (KIEFER SUTHERLAND) and his men, Milo (KIT HARINGTON) is now grown-up and enslaved as a gladiator in 79 AD. He's so proficient at fighting that he impresses the leader of a far-off Roman colony and is transferred to Pompeii as a possible challenger to the current slave gladiator champion, Atticus (ADEWALE AKINNOUYE-AGBAJE).
En route, he manages to impress Cassia (EMILY BROWNING), the daughter of wealthy and influential merchant Lucretius (JARED HARRIS) and his wife, Aurelia (CARRIE-ANNE MOSS). Cassia is somewhat enamored with Milo, something not lost on her lady in waiting, Ariadne (JESSICA LUCAS).
Yet, someone else has his sights set on Cassia and that would be none other than Senator Corvus who's arrived in the city amidst Lucretius' ambitious rebuilding efforts. He's interested in financing some of that, but only if Cassia is thrown into the deal, something that doesn't sit well with Lucretius as well as Milo.
But the slave-gladiator must contend with being thrown into the arena with other combatants, including Atticus who's just one victory away from obtaining his freedom. As all of that plays out, the nearby volcano of Vesuvius begins to rumble back to life, thus setting into motion a series of events that no one in Pompeii could have predicted.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into "sword and sandals" type action epics, disaster style films and/or anyone in the cast, they might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG_13
- For intense battle sequences, disaster-related action and brief sexual content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.