(2014) (Idris Elba, Taraji P. Henson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: A mother of two is terrorized by an intruder she has let into her home one dark and stormy night.
- Convicted killer Colin Evans (IDRIS ELBA) is denied parole after serving five years for manslaughter. Most believe he has killed many more times, but has not been convicted. He proves the public right when he murders two prison guards and escapes police custody. He lands on the doorstep of his former girlfriend, Alexis (KATE DEL CASTILLO), who never answered any of his letters from jail and has since moved on with a new man. He kills her, too.
Nearby, neglected housewife and mother, Teri (TARAJI P. HENSON), is lamenting the fact that her workaholic lawyer husband, Jeffrey (HENRY SIMMONS), is about to go away on a trip with his father, who is celebrating his birthday. Alone in her big house with a 5-year-old and a baby, her best friend Meg (LESLIE BIBB) promises to come keep her company for a girls' night with a bottle of wine. A storm rages outside. And before Meg arrives, Colin shows up on Teri's doorstep bleeding from his forehead having just crashed his vehicle.
Vulnerable to his charm and good looks, Teri lets him come in, use her telephone, and wait for a tow truck. They start to chat, and Teri eventually comes to learn that she made the worst decision of her life letting in this violent stranger who knows more about her than she can imagine.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to the film's PG-13 rating and action elements.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of violence, menace, terror, and some language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.