(2014) (Seth Rogen, Rose Byrne) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A married couple with a newborn must contend with a college fraternity moving in next door.
- Mac (SETH ROGEN) and Kelly Radner (ROSE BYRNE) are new parents who miss their former hard-partying ways that are now an afterthought due to the presence of their baby girl, Stella. But at least they're not like their friends, Jimmy (IKE BARINHOLTZ) -- who works with Mac -- and Paula (CARLA GALLO) whose marriage is over.
While their party days might be done, they live in a good neighborhood and are looking forward to meeting whoever might move in next door. To their shock, that turns out to be the Delta Si fraternity from the nearby college. Wanting to keep things under control, but also desirous of returning, if briefly, to their former lifestyle, they spend an evening partying with frat president Teddy Sanders (ZAC EFRON), his right-hand man Pete (DAVE FRANCO), and other frat members including Scoonie (CHRISTOPHER MINTZ-PLASSE) and Garfield (JERROD CARMICHAEL) among others. That ends with Teddy making Mac promise to call him first before calling the police should things ever get too loud or out of hand. But when that happens and they get no response from those next door, Mac and Kelly do indeed call the police, an act that raises the ire of Teddy who's determined to create a legendary frat party that will rival that of his predecessors.
It's not long before Teddy and his friends start pulling pranks and more on the couple. Getting no help from Dean Carol Gladstone (LISA KUDROW), Mac and Kelly decide to take matters into their own hands, a decision that only escalates the tension between the neighbors.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might want to, especially if they're into raucous comedies and/or are fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive language, strong crude and sexual content, graphic nudity, and drug use throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.