(2014) (voices of Ty Burrell, Max Charles) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action/Comedy: An advanced dog and his adopted human son must repair a rip in the space-time continuum caused by their time-traveling misadventures.
- Mr. Peabody (voice of TY BURRELL) is a genius canine who has been a scientist, an inventor, an advisor to U.S. Presidents, and even an Olympic medalist. His greatest challenge, though, is being the father to his adopted human son, Sherman (voice of MAX CHARLES). One of his favorite things to do as a parent is teach Sherman about history and famous world events by traveling through time in a machine he invented called the WABAC ("Way Back"). Together, they have managed to meet everyone from Gandhi to George Washington.
On the first day of grade school, though, Sherman is bullied by a little girl named Penny (voice of ARIEL WINTER) who is threatened by Sherman's intellect and life experiences. When the two get into a fight, the school's disciplinarian, Ms. Grunion (voice of ALISON JANNEY), uses it as an opportunity to try and have Sherman separated from Mr. Peabody, because she believes that a dog raising a human boy is unnatural and wrong.
At a dinner party that Mr. Peabody arranges to meet and smooth over relations with Penny's parents, Paul and Patty (voices of STEPHEN COLBERT and LESLIE MANN), Sherman tries to impress Penny by showing her the Way Back and taking it for a spin. What follows is a time-tripping adventure in which they and Mr. Peabody come in contact with everyone from Leonardo DaVinci (voice of STANLEY TUCCI) to Agamemnon (voice of PATRICK WARBURTON) to Albert Einstein (voice of Mel Brooks) and cause a rip in the space-time continuum that they have to repair.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Absolutely. The film has a playful energy that will appeal to kids as young as 5 or 6, mixed with a lot of heady historical and scientific references that will engage older elementary and middle-school kids.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some mild action and brief rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.