(2014) (Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A young woman must contend with being given a synthetic drug that unleashes the full power of her brain.
- Lucy (SCARLETT JOHANSSON) is a young woman living in Taiwan who's been seeing Richard (PILOU ASBAEK) for a week when she learns that he delivers locked briefcases to a particular hotel for large sums of cash. He doesn't want to return and thus asks her to deliver his latest briefcase, but when she refuses, he cuffs the case to her wrist.
Once inside the hotel, she asks for Mr. Jang (MIN-SIK CHOI), is abducted by his men, and soon learns of the briefcase's content. It's a synthetic version of the drug CPH4 and she and several other drug mules have packets of the blue stuff surgically inserted into their abdomens.
After a run-in with a thug, the bag inside her bursts and releases the drug that immediately increases the active percentage of how much of her brain is used. Suddenly equipped with super intelligence and various physical gifts, she gets French policeman Pierre Del Rio (AMR WAKED) to accompany her as she seeks out Professor Norman (MORGAN FREEMAN), a renowned theorist about the human brain and its capacity.
As her percentages keep increasing, she must contend with the changes that brings about in her body and mind, all while Mr. Jang seeks to get revenge on her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into R-rated actions, who might be enticed by the outlandish premise, or who are fans of Johansson or others in the film might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, disturbing images, and sexuality.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.