(2014) (John Hawkes, Jennifer Aniston) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Crime Drama: Two low-end criminals plot to kidnap a rich man's wife for a $1 million ransom but aren't completely prepared for what happens after that.
- Ordell Robbie (MOS DEF) and Louis Gara (JOHN HAWKES) are two low-end criminals who've come up with a get rich quick scheme. If they kidnap Mickey Dawson (JENNIFER ANISTON) and hold her at the house of their racist, neo-Nazi friend Richard Monk (MARK BOONE JUNIOR), they can get her businessman husband, Frank (TIM ROBBINS), to pony up a $1 million ransom. But when they go to do the deed, they're interrupted by the Dawsons' married friend, Marshall Taylor (WILL FORTE), who wants to act on his crush on Mickey.
To complicate matters, Frank has filed for divorce from Mickey -- the papers are in the mail so she's unaware of this pending development -- and rather than be off on a business trip in Freeport, he's spending time with his mistress, Melanie (ISLA FISHER). When she gets wind of the ransom ploy, Melanie decides she and Frank can manipulate that to their advantage, all of which provides more than just a bump in the road for Ordell, Louis and Richard's plan. And with Louis seeming to become sympathetic toward Mickey -- and maybe more than just that -- it's uncertain how things will ultimately unfold.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of anyone in the cast, works from novelist Elmore Leonard (the movie is based on one of his books), or crime dramas, they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, some sexual content and violence.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.