(2014) (Nicholas Cage, Cassi Thomson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An airline pilot, his college-aged daughter, a TV reporter and others must contend with people around them suddenly and simultaneously disappearing.
- Chloe Steele (CASSI THOMSON) is on her home way from college to help celebrate the birthday of her airline pilot dad, Rayford (NICOLAS CAGE), with her mom, Irene (LEA THOMPSON), and younger brother, Raymie (MAJOR DODSON). Chloe doesn't get along with her mom due to the latter's newfound religious beliefs, and is disappointed that her dad has to work and fly from New York to London. She's particularly dismayed that he seems a bit too friendly with one of his flight attendants, the very attractive Hattie Durham (NICKY WHELAN).
After getting into an argument over religion with her mom, Chloe takes her brother to the shopping mall. At the same time, Rayford lifts off with Hattie and the rest of his crew, along with a planeload of passengers. Among them is Buck Williams (CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY), a TV reporter who met Chloe before his flight; Shasta Carvell (JORDIN SPARKS), a mother traveling with her daughter; and Hassid (ALEC RAYME), an Arabic man who must contend with looks of disdain from Melvin Weir (MARTIN KLEBBA), a little person with a chip on his shoulder due to his diminutive size.
All must contend with the simultaneous disappearance of various people not only on the plane, but also everywhere on the ground. As Chloe frantically tries to find her now missing brother, Buck helps Rayford and Hattie deal with the passengers. As they turn back for New York, they must not contend with a dwindling fuel supply and various system failures, but also the mystery of what's happened to those who suddenly disappeared.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into these sorts of films, they might show some interest, but I just don't see a huge audience for this among kids.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some thematic elements, violence/peril and brief drug content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.