(2014) (Chris Pine, Kevin Costner) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: Tom Clancy's CIA analyst Jack Ryan is sent on a mission to foil a Russian plot to devalue the U.S. dollar and collapse the world economy.
- Following the events of Sept. 11, 2001, brilliant college student Jack Ryan (CHRIS PINE) enlists in the U.S. Marines and is gruesomely injured in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan. During his long recovery, Jack meets two people who will become important in his life. The first is Cathy (KEIRA KNIGHTLEY), a young med student who helps him walk again. The second is Thomas Harper (KEVIN COSTNER), a U.S. government operative who recruits Jack into the CIA.
Ryan is placed in a major global Wall Street firm and assigned to monitor financial transactions for suspected terrorist funding activities. Flash-forward a decade later, Jack is engaged to Cathy and a bigwig at the financial firm. He uncovers a series of transactions that lead him to believe that Russia is spearheading a covert plot to devalue the American dollar and crash the world economy.
Jack is sent to Moscow to meet with investment mogul Viktor Cherevin (KENNETH BRANAGH), who he suspects is the mastermind of this plot. Jack's suspicions prove true, as Viktor reveals himself to be a Cold Warrior bent on returning his country to superpower status and plunging America into a second Great Depression with the help of an enigmatic sleeper agent named Aleksandr (ALEC UTGOFF) back in the United States. Matters are complicated when Cathy shows up at his hotel and threatens to scuttle the whole covert operation.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to the younger take on the Ryan character and his future wife.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of violence and intense action and brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.