(2014) (Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action Fantasy: Frankenstein's monster may hold the key to ending a centuries-old war between Satan's demons and God's gargoyles here on Earth.
- In the late 1700s, a scientist named Dr. Victor Frankenstein (ADEN YOUNG) uses electrical currents to reanimate a human being who he has sewn together using a dozen different body parts from eight different corpses. The monster, eventually named Adam (AARON ECKHART), turns on his creator and becomes a hunted man. Those doing the hunting are demons from Hell and gargoyles from Heaven, locked in a centuries-old war for the fate of mankind.
The demons under the leadership of the Dark Prince Naberius (BILL NIGHY) want to harness Frankenstein's science to reanimate hundreds of human corpses collected over the decades to make an army. Naberius employs a human scientist named Terra (YVONNE STRAHOVSKI) to continue Frankenstein's experiments in the modern day. Meanwhile, the gargoyles under the leadership of Queen Leonore (MIRANDO OTTO) fear that Adam lacks a mortal soul, yet still want to use his great strength and speed to their advantage in battle.
Adam eventually must choose sides after Naberius' and Leonore's top army commanders -- Zuriel (SOCRATIS OTTO) and Gideon (JAI COURTNEY) both attempt to kill him. When it becomes known that Leonore has been hiding Frankenstein's manual on how to reanimate dead people for decades, demons plot to steal it for their own nefarious purposes. Adam, meanwhile, is hopeful the book holds the key to his origins.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens may have some interest due to the film's action and fantasy elements and the teen-friendly MPAA rating.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of intense fantasy action and violence throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.