(2014) (Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A thief forms an unlikely alliance with a group of extraterrestrial misfits as they must contend with various forces who want a powerful orb that's in their possession.
- Peter Quill (CHRIS PRATT) is an Earthling who was abducted by Yondu Udonta (MICHAEL ROOKER) and his band of extraterrestrial thieves and smugglers as a boy. Now equipped with his own spaceship, he travels through space doing that same line of work. His latest job is to obtain a special orb from a decimated planet and he manages to best Korath (DJIMON HOUNSOU) and his goons in getting it, but then decides to keep it for himself to see what it's worth. That not only angers Yondu who vows revenge, but also the villainous Ronan (LEE PACE) who Korath works for and who wants to destroy a rival civilization run by Nova Prime (GLENN CLOSE).
Ronan, who detests having to answer to Thanos (voice of JOSH BROLIN), ends up sending that leader's assassin daughter, Gamora (ZOE SALDANA), to get the orb, much to the chagrin of her "adopted" sister, Nebula (KAREN GILLAN). But Gamora isn't the only one after Peter and the orb as bounty hunter and genetically engineered raccoon Rocket (voice of BRADLEY COOPER) and his tree-like humanoid partner, Groot (voice of VIN DIESEL), also want to capture the Earthling. All end up in prison where they meet the warrior Drax the Destroyer (DAVE BAUTISTA) who wants revenge on Ronan for earlier killing his family, and sees offing Gamora as the best solution. Peter talks him out of doing that, and those two along with Gamora, Rocket and Groot form an unlikely alliance of extraterrestrial misfits.
As they contend with the various parties who are after them, they try to figure out what's so special about the mysterious orb in their possession.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of either of the original comic book series, comic book based movies in general, and/or anyone in the cast, it's a good bet they will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for some language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.