(2014) (Gabriella Wilde, Alex Pettyfer) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A high school graduate changes her plans for the summer when she falls for a classmate, much to the chagrin of her father.
- 17-year-old Jade Butterfield (GABRIELLA WILDE) has just graduated from high school, but nearly no one would know. That's because following the death of her brother two years ago, she's essentially withdrawn from any social interaction. But fellow graduate David Elliot (ALEX PETTYFER) was and still is fully aware of her, something not lost on his best friend, Mace (DAYO OKENIYI). He ends up introducing himself to Jade, prompting her to invite him to her graduation party. It's there that they briefly end up together in a closet, much to the concern of her doctor father, Hugh (BRUCE GREENWOOD).
With Jade's surviving older brother, Keith (RHYS WAKEFIELD) -- who's dating Sabine (ANNA ENGER) -- majoring in communications, Hugh wants his daughter to follow in his medical footsteps. He's arranged a summer internship for her before she heads off to college, something she's not sure she wants to do now that she's smitten with David who isn't planning on attending college. Instead, he's going to work in the auto shop run by his single father, Harry (ROBERT PATRICK).
None of that sits well with Hugh, although his one-time author wife, Anne (JOELY RICHARDSON), isn't as concerned as she's satisfied simply by seeing Jade happy for the first time in a long time. Also not happy with the new relationship is David's ex-girlfriend, Jenny (EMMA RIGBY), but the new couple's biggest concern lies with Jade's father who seems determined to thwart the relationship no matter the cost that has regarding his relationships with those in his family.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teenagers are the most likely audience, and many older tween and younger teen girls will probably be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexual content, brief partial nudity, some language and teen partying.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.