(2014) (Paul Walker, RZA) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: In a dystopian Detroit circa 2018, a vengeful cop teams up with an ex-convict to take down a ruthless arms dealer who has stolen a neutron bomb.
- In 2018, Detroit has become a frightening dystopia where the most dangerous neighborhood has been cordoned off by a containment wall and the people behind that wall have been left to fend for themselves. Many live in the Brick Mansions, old, once ornate structures that used to house the city's most successful people. Today, they are ruled by Tremaine (RZA), a drug and weapons dealer who commands a small army of thugs and even has the officers at the wall's checkpoint on his payroll.
When a local neighborhood hero named Lino (DAVID BELLE) steals his latest shipment of cocaine, Tremaine assembles his forces commanded by the cold-blooded K2 (GOUCHY BOY) and the violence-obsessed Rayzah (AYISHA ISSA) to hunt the former convict down and kill him. They end up taking his former girlfriend, Lola (CATALINA DENIS), hostage to draw him out.
Meanwhile, undercover vice cop Damien (PAUL WALKER) accepts a dangerous assignment from Detroit's Mayor (BRUCE RAMSAY) -- infiltrate the Brick Mansions neighborhood, team up with Lino, and diffuse a neutron bomb Tremaine has stolen from the government and has aimed at downtown Detroit. Damien has a double motive for accepting the mission in that his father, a decorated cop, was previously killed by Tremaine.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Due to the PG-13 rating and the fact that this is "Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker's last fully completed film, some older teens -- especially males who like action flicks -- may have interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For frenetic gunplay, violence and action throughout, language, sexual menace, and drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.