(2014) (Perdita Weeks, Ben Feldman) ( R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A young archaeologist leads a team of treasure hunters into the Paris catacombs and they soon find themselves in the presence of true evil.
- Scarlett (PERDITA WEEKS) is a young archaeologist who is still reeling from the suicide of her father. Devoted to his memory, she takes it upon herself to complete his long-held quest to find the Philosopher's Stone, a fabled rock that has the power to transform base metals into gold. Her research takes her to the catacombs of Paris -- a 200-mile labyrinth of tunnels beneath the City of Lights where an estimated six million corpses were buried over the centuries.
She puts together a team for this expedition, promising them each untold treasures. There is George (BEN FELDMAN), a translator of ancient languages and her former flame; Benji (EDWIN HODGE), a documentary filmmaker eager to chronicle Scarlett's quest; Papillon (FRANCOIS CIVIL), a mercenary guide who knows all of the hidden ways to get into the catacombs and as deep as possible; his girlfriend, Souxie (MARION LAMBERT); and expert climber, Zed (ALI MARHYAR).
As they soon discover, though, the deeper they go into the catacombs, the more their lives fall into peril. Dark secrets from each of their pasts start to physically manifest themselves. George, for instance, sees a piano that reminds him of his little brother, who drowned to death years earlier as he rushed to help him. Scarlett is beckoned by a mysterious ringing phone, the same one she didn't answer the night her father tried to call her before hanging himself. They all soon learn that there is no turning back. Their only choice to continue to moving forward and deeper and deeper down.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens will definitely be drawn in by the young cast and horror-thriller elements.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For bloody violence, terror, and language throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.