(2014) (Sharon Leal, William Levy) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A woman risks her marriage, family and career when she starts to act out her insatiable sexual addiction.
- Zoe Reynard (SHARON LEAL) is a successful businesswoman who runs an artist representation firm in Atlanta with her small staff that includes her best friend, Brina (EMAYATZY CORINEALDI), who serves as her direct assistant. Zoe is also the mother of two kids with architect Jason (BORIS KODJOE), and would seem to have an idyll life. Yet, she's not satisfied, especially sexually, despite a quite active sex life with her husband.
That comes to a head when she meets Quinton Canosa (WILLIAM LEVY), a famous local artist she's long admired. It's not long before she's having an affair with him, but she begins to worry if she's just the latest in a long line of such women who show up in his artwork, such as the sexy Diamond (KAT GRAHAM) who takes a liking to Zoe. When Quinton wants Zoe to leave Jason, she decides to add another sexual partner in the form of Corey (TYSON BECKFORD) who she meets at a club.
As she separately continues to have sex with both of them, she ends up seeing therapist Dr. Marcella Spencer (TASHA SMITH) for help. Yet, Zoe isn't ready to discuss her past or accept the fact that she's a sex addict, a condition that's now threatening to ruin her marriage, family and business.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be if the subject matter (and sexual content) entices them, but otherwise it's not that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong sexual content, nudity, language and brief drug use.
- CAST AS ROLE MODELS:
- SHARON LEAL plays a successful business woman, wife, and mother of two who seems to have the ideal life. But she isn't satisfied, especially sexually, and thus easily succumbs to the charms and allure of Quinton, with whom she then has an affair. When he wants her to leave her husband, she also starts having an affair with Corey, and carries on both flings simultaneously. She's eventually told she's a sex addict, and we learn late in the film that she was raped by three boys when she was 10-years-old. She also uses strong profanity, drinks, and takes some sort of pill with Corey while at a sex club.
- BORIS KODJOE plays her loving husband, an architect who has an active sexual life with her, but doesn't realize he isn't fulfilling all of her needs in that regard. He becomes concerned and then upset about her change in behavior, especially regarding not being around for their kids, and then reaches a breaking point when he learns of her infidelity. He uses strong profanity, hits Quinton to defends his wife, and drinks a little.
- WILLIAM LEVY plays a famous and handsome artist who figuratively and literally charms the pants off Zoe, all despite knowing she's married and having dealt with an adulterous parent during his childhood. He also has sex with Diamond, creates art featuring nudity in them, gets jealously violent and threatens Zoe's life, uses strong profanity, and drinks some.
- TYSON BECKFORD plays Zoe's other lover who she meets in a bar and then has sex with in a bathroom stall (and then elsewhere, including a sex club). He drinks and has Zoe take some sort of pill at that club, and he uses strong profanity.
- TASHA SMITH plays a therapist who tries to help Zoe get through her issues, convince her that she's a sex addict, and get her to talk about her childhood.
- EMAYATZY CORINEALDI plays Zoe's friend and work assistant who becomes concerned about the changes in Zoe that start to affect the business. She uses some profanity.
- KAT GRAHAM plays a woman who also knows and has sex with Quinton, and invites Zoe to join them at one point after being caught in the act.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.