(2014) (Kevin Costner, Amber Heard) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A dying CIA agent is assigned to track down and kill an international arms dealer and terrorist, all while reconnecting with his estranged daughter and ex-wife.
- Ethan Renner (KEVIN COSTNER) is a veteran CIA agent who finds out he is dying from cancer. He is discharged from the Agency and opts to go to Paris in an effort to reconnect with his ex-wife, Christine (CONNIE NIELSEN) and teenage daughter, Zoey (HAILEE STEINFELD), neither of whom he has seen in five years.
He swears to Christine that he's done with the spy/assassin life and tells her of his terminal illness. But Ethan is pulled back into the life by an enigmatic agent named Vivi (AMBER HEARD). In exchange for killing two vicious arms dealers named The Wolf (RICHARD SAMMEL) and The Albino (TOMAS LEMARQUIS), she will supply him with an experimental government drug that will prolong his life.
Ethan agrees, and tries to balance hunting down The Wolf and The Albino with learning to be a father to a moody teenager. This includes meeting her boyfriend, Hugh (JONAS BLOQUET); being called to her school by the principal for misbehaving; rescuing her from a rave party gone wrong; and playing music loud enough in the car to cover the sounds of criminal Mitat (MARC ANDREONI) who he's kidnapped and intends to torture to get information on the Wolf's whereabouts.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest, especially with Amber Heard and Hailee Steinfeld present.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of violence and action, some sensuality, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.