(2014) (Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action-Comedy: Two buddy cops go undercover on a college campus to bring down a crime ring.
- Officers Schmidt (JONAH HILL) and Jenko (CHANNING TATUM) return as undercover cops working for a special program that infiltrates high schools and roots out criminal activity. Now deemed too old looking to pass as high school-age young males, the duo are assigned by Captain Dickson (ICE CUBE) to pose as college students at a local university to investigate the rise of a new drug called "WhyPhy." A young female student was believed killed because of the drug and Schmidt and Jenko are ordered to find the dealer.
Schmidt is surprised when Jenko immediately bonds with campus jocks Zook (WYATT RUSSELL) and Rooster (JIMMY TATRO). One of them even sports a tattoo seen in a grainy surveillance photo believed to feature the mysterious dealer. Jenko, though, starts to have too much fun playing on the college football team and lifting weights with the two suspects and tries to convince Schmidt and himself that they are not involved.
Meanwhile, Schmidt gets involved in a romance with pretty Art major Maya (AMBER STEVENS), who is now sharing a dorm room with Mercedes (JILLIAN BELL), the acerbic former roommate of the dead girl. Things become complicated when Schmidt follows a lead and discovers that the main supplier of WhyPhy on campus is a ruthless criminal named The Ghost (PETER STORMARE) who he and Jenko have had a run-in with in the past.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Despite the R rating, teens will definitely have interest due to the two stars, the college setting, and the popularity of the first film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, sexual content, drug material, brief nudity, and some violence.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.