(2013) (Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Horror: A retired U.N. specialist is called back into action as he's tasked to find a way to stop a zombie apocalypse that's overrun most of Earth.
- Gerry Lane (BRAD PITT) is a former U.N. specialist with a history of dealing with hairy hot spots around the world. But now he's retired and enjoying the home life with his wife, Karen (MIREILLE ENOS), and their two young daughters, Constance (STERLING JERINS) and Rachel (ABIGAIL HARGROVE).
That idyllic world comes to a grinding halt while driving through downtown Philly when zombies suddenly overrun the city. Gerry and his family barely make it to safety in the apartment of a boy, Tomas (FABRIZIO ZACHAREE GUIDO), and his family, where they wait until the morning when Gerry's former boss, Dept. Secretary General of the U.N. Thierry Umutoni (FANA MOKOENA), can send a chopper in to rescue them.
Once onboard a Navy aircraft carrier serving as the U.S. government's command post, Gerry learns that the President is dead, the VP missing, and most of the country along with the rest of the world overrun by zombies. With Thierry giving Gerry the ultimatum of returning to active duty or else be kicked off the ship with his family, the specialist reluctantly heads back into action to look for a way to stop the outbreak.
Traveling from there to South Korea, Jerusalem -- where he's joined by Israeli soldier Segen (DANIELLA KERTESZ) -- and Wales, Gerry does what he can to avoid the zombies, all while searching for a cure to end the pandemic.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of Pitt and/or zombie films, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense frightening zombie sequences, violence and disturbing images.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.