(2013) (Channing Tatum, Jamie Foxx) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A Capitol Hill police officer must try to save his daughter and the President when terrorists take over the White House.
- John Cale (CHANNING TATUM) is a divorced Capitol Hill police officer who provides protection for the likes of Speaker of the House Eli Raphelson (RICHARD JENKINS). But he really wants to be a Secret Service agent and has an interview for such a job. Hoping to make amends with his 11-year-old daughter Emily (JOEY KING) for having missed her talent show, he takes her along, knowing full well that she loves politics and President James Sawyer (JAMIE FOXX). Unfortunately for John and despite serving his country with three tours in Afghanistan, Secret Service agent Carol Finnerty (MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL) only knows of his various failures to follow through, including back when both went to the same college.
Dejected, John is about to leave when Emily asks if they can join a tour of the White led by Donnie Donaldson (NICOLAS WRIGHT). As they do so, little do they know that Martin Walker (JAMES WOODS) -- the head of the Presidential detail for the Secret Service who's set to retire in a week and is still grieving over the death of his son in military service -- is plotting to take over the White House. With a band of terrorists that includes leader Emil Stenz (JASON CLARKE), psycho Killick (KEVIN RANKIN) and computer hacker Skip Tyler (JIMMI SIMPSON) they execute an inside job, kill various people and take others hostage.
From that point on, John does what he can to save and protect the President, all while trying to find and rescue Emily and deal with the various bad guys and their nefarious plans.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into action films, are fans of anyone in the cast, or liked this year's quite similar "Olympus Has Fallen" they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For prolonged sequences of action and violence including intense gunfire and explosions, some language and a brief sexual image.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.