(2013) (voices of Justin Long, John Leguizamo) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action: Two dinosaur brothers vie for the affections of a female dinosaur and for control of their herd.
- In the modern day, a paleontologist named Zack (KARL URBAN) travels into the Alaskan wilderness with his cynical teenage nephew, Ricky (CHARLIE ROWE), and adventurous niece, Jade (ANGOURIE RICE), to look for dinosaur fossils. While Zack and Jade traipse off, Ricky stays behind to text and relax. But a magical bird named Alex (voice of JOHN LEGUIZAMO) flies in and reminds him how cool he used to find dinosaur bones and history when he was younger.
The film then flashes back to an age when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. We meet Patchi (voice of JUSTIN LONG), the smallest of a litter of Pachyrhinosauruses. He lacks confidence and coordination and is often teased and pushed around by his older, stronger, and braver brother, Scowler (voice of SKYLER STONE). Patchi also falls in love with another dinosaur, Juniper (voice of TIYA SIRCAR), from a neighboring herd.
Unfortunately, during migration, Patchi's father leads them into a raging forest fire that drives them right into the waiting claws and jaws of a group of predatory Gorgosauruses. With their parents killed, Scowler eventually takes control of the herd, claims Juniper as his mate, and relegates Patchi to the back of the pack. His egotistical leadership, though, brings the herd more peril than promise and soon the two brothers are vying for control of the dinos' destiny.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes. This is being heavily promoted on the various kids' cable channels.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For creature action and peril, and mild rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.