(2013) (Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy/Horror: A group of famous actors must contend with the apparent end of the world.
- Actor Jay Baruchel (playing himself, just like everyone else) has just arrived in Los Angeles to visit his long-time friend and fellow actor Seth Rogen. After getting high together, Seth proposes they go to a party being thrown by James Franco at his house. Jay isn't crazy about the idea as he says he isn't really into the Hollywood scene, but tags along anyway. There, they meet fellow stars such as Jonah Hill, Craig Robinson and Emma Watson, while Michael Cera is out of control and trying to come on to singer Rihanna.
Jay's finally had enough and convinces Seth to join him in going out for some cigarettes. While they're in the convenience store, there's a loud explosion followed by various people being sucked up through holes in the ceiling via blue beams that disappear into the sky. Jay and Seth race back to James' party where the same happens there moments later, causing a panic among everyone, especially when a giant sink-hole opens that seemingly falls away into the fiery pit of Hell.
Nearly everyone is killed, with James, Seth, Jay, Jonah and Craig trying to barricade the home's door. They're also surprised to see that another actor, Danny McBride, apparently crashed the party the night before and was passed out during the entire event. With the rest of Los Angeles apparently destroyed and some sort of demonic monster roaming about outside, the survivors try to figure out what to do, all while contemplating what's occurred and whether it has any Biblical connections or not.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of outrageous, R-rated comedies and/or anyone in the cast, it's a good bet they will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude and sexual content throughout, brief graphic nudity, pervasive language, drug use and some violence.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.