(2013) (Ben Stiller, Kristen Wiig) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A forty-something daydreamer experiences grand adventures and dangers for the first time in his life as he tries to track down the photo that will grace the cover of the last print edition of Life Magazine.
- Walter Mitty (BEN STILLER) is the 42-year-old negative assets manager for Life Magazine in New York who hasn't done much with his life. When not helping his sister, Odessa (KATHRYN HAHN), prepare their mother (SHIRLEY MacLAINE) for a downsizing move, he handles the negatives that come into his office where his employer, Hernando (ADRIAN MARTINEZ), helps work on the pics taken by legendary photographer Sean O'Connell (SEAN PENN).
Unfortunately for them and everyone else there, the magazine has been acquired and corporate hatchet man, Ted (ADAM SCOTT), has arrived to make cuts that go along with the transition from print to digital. Ted isn't sure what to make of Walter, especially when the long-time employee is often lost in his own daydreams of living a more adventurous life.
The lack of that in real life concerns Todd (PATTON OSWALT), a dating website techie who tries to help Walter especially in regard to him trying to attract his new coworker, Cheryl Melhoff (KRISTEN WIIG), a recent divorcee. When Sean's negative for the last cover of Life ends up missing, Walter asks for Cheryl's help and ends up going on an unlikely and adventurous journey while trying to find the photographer and his photograph.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Preteens probably won't, but teens who are fans of anyone in the cast or the story idea might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some crude comments, language and action violence.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.