(2013) (Brit Marling, Alexander Skarsgard) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A risk assessment employee infiltrates an eco-terrorist group in hopes of gathering enough evidence to shut them down.
- Sarah Moss (BRIT MARLING) is a former FBI agent who's taken a job working for Hiller Brood, a top-secret intelligence firm that provides highly detailed risk assessment for big corporations and their executives. Telling her live-in boyfriend Tim (JASON RITTER) that she's headed to Dubai, Sarah is actually following the orders of her steely boss, Sharon (PATRICIA CLARKSON), and sticking close to their D.C. home. She's tasked with finding and infiltrating members of an eco-terrorist group known as The East. They behave in a sort of eye-for-an-eye payback mindset regarding making executives suffer at the hands of their own corporate wrong-doings, usually revolving around deaths or serious injuries incurred by others from their products.
After some undercover work, Sarah eventually meets Luca (SHILOH FERNANDEZ) and he introduces her to their group and its cult-like leader, Benji (ALEXANDER SKARSGÅRD), in their cabin in the woods. Most of the other members, including Doc (TOBY KEBBELL), Thumbs (ALDIS HODGE), Tess (DANIELLE MACDONALD) and Eve (HILLARY BAACK) welcome or at least tolerate Sarah. But not Izzy (ELLEN PAGE), the most radical member of the group who's wary of this sudden outsider.
Nevertheless, Benji includes Sarah in the group and she's eventually taken on her first eco-terrorist "jam," a bit of payback that threatens to harm innocent bystanders. From that point on, Sarah must figure out how to proceed within the group, particularly as she seemingly begins to adopt some of their mindset, and especially as she finds herself increasingly drawn to Benji.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might show some interest, particularly if they're fans of anyone in the cast or find the premise intriguing.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements, violence, some disturbing images, sexual content and partial nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.