(2013) (Taye Diggs, Morris Chestnut) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A group of college friends reunite after 15 years to spend the holidays together only to discover old rivalries and hurt feelings are still present.
- After 15 years, a group of African-American college friends reunite at the mansion of the most successful of the group, Lance (MORRIS CHESTNUT), an NFL running back near retirement and on the verge of breaking the league's all-time rushing record. Unfortunately, this is coming at a dire time when his wife, Mia (MONICA CALHOUN) has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. The couple tries to keep that a secret in order to have one last amazing time with their friends.
But they all have problems of their own. Lance's former best man, Harper (TAYE DIGGS), was once a best-selling author. But his latest efforts have seen only dismal sales, his latest manuscript has been outright rejected, and his agent urges him to write a biography on Lance. But at the same time, Harper's wife, Robyn (SANAA LATHAN), is in the final month of a difficult pregnancy after having already suffered one miscarriage.
Nevertheless, they are all delighted to see their other friends. They include Quentin (TERRENCE HOWARD), the most free-spirited of the group; Shelby (MELISSA DE SOUSA), the oft-married party girl who has since gone on to become a reality TV star; Julian (HAROLD PERRINEAU), who has just discovered an old video posted online from the 1990s when his former stripper wife, Candace (REGINA HALL), was at a party and apparently performed sexual favors for money; and the never-married TV executive, Jordan (NIA LONG), who is finally in a serious relationship ... with a white man named Brian (EDDIE CIBRIAN).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens, especially African-American ones, may have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, sexual content, and brief nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.