(2013) (Chris Hemsworth, Daniel Bruhl) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Two 1970s era egotistical drivers compete for first place in the world of Formula One racing.
- It's the early 1970s and James Hunt (CHRIS HEMSWORTH) and Niki Lauda (DANIEL BRUHL) have already established their rivalry in Formula 3 racing. While both are egotistical about their talents, James is the fun-loving playboy who enjoys driving fast and cheating death, while Niki is more reserved and analytical, and spends as much time working on his cars' performance as he does on himself.
Both eventually make their way into the highly coveted Formula 1 racing circuit and compete against each other over the years, with James meeting and then marrying model Suzy Miller (OLIVIA WILDE), while Niki manages to win over Marlene (ALEXANDRA MARIA LARA) who falls for him despite his lack of charming social skills.
The men's rivalry culminates in the 1976 Grands Prix, a series of races around the world where the driver with the most combined points ends up as the annual winner. With Niki being the current champion, James pushes himself to overtake and upstage his rival, a motivation that drives both racers to their limits.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into Formula One racing, movies about racing and/or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content, nudity, language, some disturbing images and brief drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.